Care for our guests
Our Safety Handbook
All staff members wear gloves and masks at all times.
Staff washes hands frequently, at minimum every 30 minutes.
Hand sanitizer available for guests and staff on site at our events.
Plexiglass are used in appropriate areas.
Safe Food Handling
Gloves and masks are used when handling food. Gloves changed frequently.
Practice Social Distancing
Work stations (kitchen and office) spaced 6 or more feet apart.
Food Handlers Permit
Team members have completed the Food Handlers sanitation class.
Sanitizing Entire Building
The entire building (kitchen, coolers, office, door handles, telephones, etc.) sanitized frequently.
Safety and Sanitation Manager
Keeps a checklist and tracks all sanitation practices.
Chef apparel stays at our commissary and is washed daily.
Tables, chairs and event equipment cleaned and sanitized after every use.
Contactless Pickup and Delivery
Contactless pickup and delivery is available for all orders.
Seating capacity at venues based on state/local guidelines.
Care for our team
Hand sanitizer available at all points of entry/exit throughout our commissary.
Daily Temperature Check
Employees must pass a temperature and health check prior to each shift.
Health & Safety Check
All employees complete an Attestation for Worksite Entry document.
The entire building is locked and all entrants must be checked in.
Sick pay is provided to employees.
Staff is provided with a nutritious daily meal to power them through the day.
How events are changing
How have Events changed?
- Most of our social and corporate events have pivoted to a drop off / delivery or pick-up style meal. You can check out our pick-up and delivery menus for more information.
- We are also able to complement your meal pick-up / delivery with wine, beer, and cocktails as a great way to add a little ‘treat’ on top of your already delicious meal.
- Our in-house events and cooking classes have turned virtual! Check out our amazing Virtual Events Package! so you and your team, family, and friends can all stay connected.
- For our virtual cooking classes, Kaspars will provide a box of ‘raw’ ingredients to you and your guests. Then, you and your guests login online and watch Chef Kaspar prepare a meal LIVE ‘alongside’ everyone in their own home!
- For that extra special touch, add a cocktail kit and wine to your virtual event!
How are Galas and Fundraisers changing?
- Gala & Fundraising style of events have mostly shifted to Virtual Events. While the in-person part of this style of the event has changed, most all other aspects of the event have stayed the same.
- We have pivoted to amazing 3-course, boxed meals that are still accompanied by Kaspars house-made bread and other amazing items.
- We are happy to report that our Gala & Fundraiser Event Partners have experienced just as much, if not more, fundraising with virtual events! In most cases they have exceeded their pre-covid fundraising goals!
- All staff and vendors will have their temperature taken before they enter the event.
- Ask about adding a cocktail kit and wine to your virtual event!!!
- Kaspars developed an amazing Virtual Events Package! so you and your team, family and friends can stay connected!
- Kaspars will provide a box of ‘raw’ ingredients to you and your guests. Then, you and your guests get to login online and watch Chef Kaspar LIVE prepare a meal ‘along side’ everyone in their own home!
- This is a great way to stay engaged as a corporate team building activity, to celebrate a birthday, or to just have a good time with some friends.
- Oh… and did we mention… we can do cocktails too!!!
How are weddings changing?
- All staff and vendors will have their temperature taken before they enter the event
- Tables will be set following all state and county laws.
- All bars will have a Plexiglas front placed on top of the bar. All drinks will be served with no-contact service.
- We will not be serving a ‘traditional’ buffet at this time. Buffets will be set-up behind plexiglass barriers with clear lids on the chafing dishes. Our trained staff will plate food items for your guests as they walk through the buffet line. As guests reach the end, they will be handed their custom meal.
- You will find roll-ups used more often as well as bottled water.
- We will limit the amount of tableside interaction we have during service. Some examples of this look like; pre-set salads, no filling wine at tables, etc.
- Disposables will be used often as possible
Q: Can I still plan my event?A:
Yes, we are ready to plan your event! While details are changing often, we are following all CDC, WA State and Local County guidelines and we are staying up-to-date with details as they change. More information for Washington State phases can be found here.
Q: How will I know my event is safe?A:
Our team at Kaspars is staying up-to-date and all details surrounding safe service. We developed a handbook that highlights some key practices we are following to keep our staff and guests safe. You will see details such as wearing masks and gloves at all times, hand washing timers, daily temperature checks and many more details.
Q: What are the safest food options?A:
At this time, the safest food option is individual portions of food. This can be presented in a to-go/delivery style personalized meal, a plated dinner and/or a served buffet.
We're happy to help you gather safely.